A selection of spring garden herbs, dried and ready for use in making your own skincare.
There’s nothing quite like getting hands on with herbs – touch them, smell them, use them and feel great.
Included in the kit are 8 different herbs:
parsley (5g), bay (5g), mint (5g), rosemary (5g), lady’s mantle (3g), raspberry leaf (3g), sage (3g), eyebright (3g)
+ plus ideas on how to use herbs in skincare for cleansing, toning, relaxing and more.
Hands On ingredients make a great accompaniment to the book Vital Skincare. Make it easy by getting your hands on ingredients to blend your own skincare.
More about the ingredients:
parsley – astringent and deodorising, conditioner and cleanser for hair and skin, helps with thread veins and circulation; good for oily, large pored and sallow skin
bay – good for aching limbs and scalp conditioning, great to add to the bath
mint – invigorating, refreshing, deodorising and cooling
rosemary – cleansing, firming, stimulating and refreshing, great for hair and circulation; good for dry, oily and mature skin
lady’s mantle – good for soothing sore eyes or inflamed skin, reducing fine lines and easing wind or sun burn; good for acne prone, inflamed, oily and wrinkled skin
raspberry leaf – cleansing, healing and soothing; good for all skin, including inflamed
sage – astringent and calming, good for sore eyes and puffiness, helps close pores, use in cleaning and toning; good for oily skin
eyebright – cheering
Simple ways to use herbs in skincare:
- An infusion: like making a cup of tea. Use herbal water to cleanse, tone, spritz, add to your bath or blend with clay for a face mask.
- Maceration: create a herbal oil to use as a serum or blend with wax to form a balm
- Cleansing milk: chose a milk to suit your skin type (the oilier your skin, the fattier the milk) and infuse herbs to create a simple personalised cleanser
- Herbal scrub: blend a herbal oil with salt or sugar – fine ingredients for your face, softening ingredients for your body and lips, coarser ingredients for hands and feet.
- Facial steam: Hot water brings out the herb’s qualities and deep cleans your skin.
Find out more about all these methods in Vital Skincare.