A selection of spring wild herbs, dried and ready for use in making your own skincare.
There’s nothing quite like getting hands on with herbs – touch them, smell them, use them and feel great.
Included in the kit are 8 different herbs:
cleavers (5g), nettles (5g), plantain (5g), horsetail (3g), chickweed (3g), comfrey (3g), valerian root (3g), hops (1g)
+ plus ideas on how to use herbs in skincare for cleansing, toning, relaxing and more.
Hands On ingredients make a great accompaniment to the book Vital Skincare. Make it easy by getting your hands on ingredients to blend your own skincare.
More about the ingredients:
cleavers – soothing, use for wind or sun burn, good in deodorants and to bring shine to hair; good for sensitive and eczema prone skin
nettles – astringent and stimulating, cheering and cleansing, great for hair, easy to combine creams and lotions
plantain – soothing
horsetail – rich in silica, good for nails and hair, astringent and refreshing, helps with skin tone and elasticity
chickweed – soothes sore skin, combines well in creams and lotions; good for inflamed, irritated and sore skin
comfrey – conditioning, clarifying and softening; good for all skin including eczema and acne prone, problem, delicate, dry or oily skin
valerian – calming, good for fatigue
hops – calming; good for dry, oily and mature skin
Simple ways to use herbs in skincare:
- An infusion: like making a cup of tea. Use herbal water to cleanse, tone, spritz, add to your bath or blend with clay for a face mask.
- Maceration: create a herbal oil to use as a serum or blend with wax to form a balm
- Cleansing milk: chose a milk to suit your skin type (the oilier your skin, the fattier the milk) and infuse herbs to create a simple personalised cleanser
- Herbal scrub: blend a herbal oil with salt or sugar – fine ingredients for your face, softening ingredients for your body and lips, coarser ingredients for hands and feet.
- Facial steam: Hot water brings out the herb’s qualities and deep cleans your skin.
Find out more about all these methods in Vital Skincare.