A selection of summer garden herbs, dried and ready for use in making your own skincare.
There’s nothing quite like getting hands on with herbs – touch them, smell them, use them and feel great.
Included in the kit are 8 different herbs:
lavender flowers (8g), yarrow (5g), calendula petals (5g), lady’s mantle (3g), jasmine flowers (2g), thyme (2g), borage, rose petals (2g)
+ plus ideas on how to use herbs in skincare for cleansing, toning, relaxing and more.
Hands On ingredients make a great accompaniment to the book Vital Skincare. Make it easy by getting your hands on ingredients to blend your own skincare.
More about the ingredients:
lavender flowers – antiseptic, cleansing, deodorising, cheering, calming and refreshing; good for oily skin
yarrow – astringent, good for deep cleansing, cooling, emollient and toning; good for oily, sallow, acne prone and problem skin.
calendula petals -conditioning, soothing, cleansing and softening; good for all skin, especially dry, sensitive and eczema prone
lady’s mantle – good for soothing sore eyes or inflamed skin, reducing fine lines and easing wind or sunburn; good for oily, acne prone, large pored, inflamed and wrinkled skin
jasmine flowers – calming, good in creams and lotions
thyme – soothing and astringent for the body, anti-dandruff and conditioning for hair; good for oily and acne prone skin
borage – cheering, cooling and soothing for damaged skin; good for dry, sensitive and eczema prone skin
rose petals – aromatic and astringent, good for healing and morale; good for dry, mature, sensitive and damaged skin
Simple ways to use herbs in skincare:
- An infusion: like making a cup of tea. Use herbal water to cleanse, tone, spritz, add to your bath or blend with clay for a face mask.
- Maceration: create a herbal oil to use as a serum or blend with wax to form a balm
- Cleansing milk: chose a milk to suit your skin type (the oilier your skin, the fattier the milk) and infuse herbs to create a simple personalised cleanser
- Herbal scrub: blend a herbal oil with salt or sugar – fine ingredients for your face, softening ingredients for your body and lips, coarser ingredients for hands and feet.
- Facial steam: Hot water brings out the herb’s qualities and deep cleans your skin.
Find out more about all these methods in Vital Skincare.