A selection of summer wild herbs, dried and ready for use in making your own skincare.
There’s nothing quite like getting hands on with herbs – touch them, smell them, use them and feel great.
Included in the kit are 8 different herbs:
horse chestnut root (12g), chamomile flowers (5g), marshmallow root (5g), St John’s wort (3g), lime flowers (3g), elderflowers (3g), marshmallow leaf (3g), red clover (1g)
+ plus ideas on how to use herbs in skincare for cleansing, toning, relaxing and more.
Hands On ingredients make a great accompaniment to the book Vital Skincare. Make it easy by getting your hands on ingredients to blend your own skincare.
More about the ingredients:
horse chestnut – anti-inflammatory, soothing, astringent and refining; good for oily and large pored skin
chamomile – astringent and healing, cleansing and conditioning, gentle, calming, soothing and softening; good for all skin, including dry, oily, sensitive and normal
marshmallow – skin softening, conditioning, rejuvenating and moisturising; good for mature, dry and sensitive skin
St John’s wort – astringent, emollient and restorative, good in creams and lotions; good for oily and inflamed skin
lime flowers – skin conditioning, helping soothe skin and smooth wrinkles; good for sensitive and wrinkled skin
elderflower – cleansing, soothing, conditioning and lightening, good for sore eyes, irritated skin, chapped hands and tired feet; good for dry, sallow and mature skin
red clover- gentle, calming and soothing
Simple ways to use herbs in skincare:
- An infusion: like making a cup of tea. Use herbal water to cleanse, tone, spritz, add to your bath or blend with clay for a face mask.
- Maceration: create a herbal oil to use as a serum or blend with wax to form a balm
- Cleansing milk: chose a milk to suit your skin type (the oilier your skin, the fattier the milk) and infuse herbs to create a simple personalised cleanser
- Herbal scrub: blend a herbal oil with salt or sugar – fine ingredients for your face, softening ingredients for your body and lips, coarser ingredients for hands and feet.
- Facial steam: Hot water brings out the herb’s qualities and deep cleans your skin.
Find out more about all these methods in Vital Skincare.